Friday, June 3, 2016

The best news ever!

Today was my MRI-Enterography. This is a test that uses a powerful magnetic field, radio waves, and a computer to produce detailed images of the small intestine which helps my doctor check for inflammation, blockages, scarring or strictures.

I had to arrive at the test 90 minutes early and drink two huge barium drinks. They were SUPER nasty and it took all of my strength not to throw them up. They seriously are giving the pregnancy glucose test a run for its money!

After I finished the drinks I got inside the machine and we spent about 45 minutes taking pictures. In the middle of that I was given a shot to slow down my intestines so the barium didn't pass too quickly and an IV with contrast fluid to make sure we got the best images possible.

It really was not a fun day and they sent me home with no information except that my doctor would get the results on Monday. To my surprise, my doctor called at 6 pm this evening and told me the best news ever.

No strictures. No blockages. No signs of inflammation in the small intestine. 
And best of all, healing in the colon!
She says the Remicade treatments are working and we may have avoided surgery-
We will continue to do Remicade treatments every 6 weeks, and I am so relieved!
We still can't rule out the possibility of Crohn's Disease, but this does indicate that its more likely to be Colitis.


today is the best day ever.

2 comments:

  1. That's amazing! I had do the barium thing once, and I can't imagine anything worse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to drink the barium stuff as well! It's super nasty! �� Glad you finally got some good news!

    ReplyDelete