Thursday, April 30, 2015

April

Disclaimer: I didn't realize how many pictures we take each month! So, I'm sorry, this is totally going to be a photo dump- so read at your own risk! I realize this blog is probably more for my own records than anyone else's. I am a terrible journal writer, so blogging will have to do!

April was such a fun month for us! We started off the month with an Easter Egg hunt at church. James had such a great time picking up eggs and putting them in his basket. He also liked the candy part- especially the chocolate. The only downside is that it was still freezing outside. 
(thus the winter attire).




We visited the National Zoo on April 1st with some friends. Although the rest of the day was a TOTAL disaster, the zoo was really fun! There is nothing cuter than three little blonde guys super excited to see animals! The sea lions were a huge hit this time around.



Grandma and Grandpa came for a visit Easter weekend, which was SO fun. It's so nice to have family visit and show them around. They spoiled us rotten (as usual) and unfortunately missed the cherry blossoms. It was still a fun trip and James had grandma hangover for at least a week. 

We visited the National Cathedral, the National Portrait Gallery, ate at Founding Farmers, hiked at Great Falls, made Easter dinner, watched conference, James got his first real haircut, and we hit up the mall! It was a busy couple of days, but it was SO fun!










Naturally, two days after mom and dad left the cherry blossoms came out in full force! It was so fun to see them (and experience the manic parking situation- 45 minutes, are you kidding me?!)




I know I'm getting some major nerd points for this, but we visited the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center this month, and I LOVED it. Maybe it brought back old space camp memories for me or something, but seriously, I want to go here everyday. We got to see this awesome space shuttle that has been in space TONS of times. I know I am not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I had no idea space shuttles came back from space and landed like airplanes! It was so cool to see footage of it, as well as see the burn marks on this shuttle from going in and out of the atmosphere. We also got to see a Concorde airplane (NY to London in half the time), and a Blackbird plane (mach 3, NY-London in under 2 hours!)

OK, drooling over. But seriously, you should check this place out!



We spent a few days at the park soaking up the spring weather:



I just thought this picture was so funny- 
how he managed to stack them upside down I will never know.


We got (and lost) our first family pets: Vish & Ish
(may they rest in peace)


Had our first day of nursery (thank heaven),
James loves getting all fancy for church

Tidal Basin walks with my boys


Nicole & Max came to visit us and we visited the National Building Museum
and had a lunch date at Cava (thanks Jessie for the new addiction!)



Date night with my boy to see the Age of Adaline
(he secretly loves it when I drag him to chick flicks)


Ice cream dates to get out of the house while daddy studies for finals



As I write this post and remember ALL of the wonderful things we got to do this month I am overwhelmed at how blessed we are. Law School is hard, anyone who tells you differently is a liar, but we are learning to love the city and all of the many opportunities it gives us! Sometimes I focus on how hard things are here and forget to see all of the many adventures we have.

What's Next?
Rob has accepted an internship with the ACLU in Salt Lake for the summer so we will be going home to Utah until August. We are SO excited to see all of our friends and family. We are also excited to get out of the traffic and muggy summers DC brings.

Utah, HERE WE COME
See you soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment