Sunday, September 28, 2014
Stats: 22 lbs, 29.5 inches long
Eating: We are SO excited to be on our last month of buying formula! I feel like we are going to get a $50/ month raise! (Which is saying a lot because neither of us currently make any money haha). James is turning into quite the picky eater. A few of his recent favorites include: veggie straws (from Costco), puffs (blueberry flavor), cheese (and more cheese!), and turkey. He is also a lot better at drinking water now that we found a sippy cup he actually likes! We went with the Skip Hop brand with a straw, no spill proof valve. The valves were making it too hard to suck and he was losing interest.
Sleeping: He finally sleeps through the night like a champ! James sleeps from 7:30 pm - 7:15 am and IT IS THE BEST. Seriously, this should have happened months ago! To be honest I don't know how we made it so long as sleep deprived parents. He naps from 9:30-11 and 2:30-4:30 daily. Sometimes he isn't as great at taking long naps, but that is the general idea of our schedule. I'm totally not looking forward to moving to one nap a day because I love the "me" time I get with this arrangement- AKA getting a shower in the morning.
Milestones: James is getting better at walking around furniture, and trying to walk with our assistance. Secretly I want to keep him from walking though because I feel like if he can't walk than he won't grow up. haha. He is awesome at feeding himself, climbing stairs, waving at people and still loves to play patty cake.
- Loves the Zoo. We went to the zoo for the first time in DC and it was a hit! He LOVED watching the apes and the elephants especially.
- Laughs when other people are laughing (even when he has no idea what is going on)
- Holds his shoes up to his ear to "talk on the phone"
- Obsessed with poking teeth and eyes
- Loves playing with other children
- "Sings" (more like loudly yells) while I practice harp
- Still hates the car seat- taking any and all advice on getting your kid to like the car seat
- Loves going for walks and petting the dogs
- Wants to eat anything mom and dad are eating
- Loves brushing his teeth (mostly just loves eating the toothpaste)
What we are looking forward to: Grandma and Grandpa coming in 1 month to celebrate James' birthday, taking family pictures in a few weeks, and the leaves changing!