Saturday, May 3, 2014

6 Months!

                  


I can't believe our little guy is already six months old! Seriously, where did the time go!? I find myself constantly saying, "This is the best age!" Granted 3-4 months was a little rough for us, but since that he has been awesome!

My Stats: 16 lbs, 9.5 ounces (33%). 28.5 inches long (99%), and 44 cm head circumference (71%)

Sleep: I am doing much better at naps this month! I am usually awake for 1.5-2 hours at a time and then I sleep for 1-2 hours. This makes it so I get about 4 naps in a day. During the night I sleep in about 4 hour stretches, though some nights I have done almost 9! 


Eating: I am still taking 4-5 ounces every 3-4 hours. This is slightly less than I am supposed to be eating. I still have breastmilk most of the time but I am having formula more and more often. (Mom is going to wean off the pump before we go to Europe for the summer and she is having a really difficult time with this. Any positve comments about weaning are welcome!). The doctor said it is time to start doing more solids due to my weight curve dropping down. I have tried oatmeal, rice cereal, squash and sweet potatoes so far. Its messy, and I don't always love it, but so far oatmeal seems to be the only thing that doesn't give me the shivers up and down.


I Cry: Only when I am hungry or tired. I have developed a high pitched squeal though which I now do when I am mad. 



Milestones: I can roll over on both sides now. I roll everywhere and have become very mobile in the last month! I can somehow scoot around when I see something I want (usually mama's phone). I have started getting up on all fours, but am not rocking back and forth yet. I can stand up next to something with the help of mom or dad. I am really good at picking things up and switching them between hands now. I reach for almost anything I see.



What people say about me: "He's so happy!" "He smiles so much!" "He looks exactly like you (to momma)" "He looks exactly like Rob!" 


Fun Facts:
-Our little guy is seriously so mobile. It never ceases to amaze me how much he can move around without actually crawling.
-He loves being outside, going for walks and checking things out. He especially likes watching cars drive by. 
-He tried a little taste of frozen yogurt this week, and it was not a hit. (just like everything else that comes on a spoon).
-We walked around the tulip festival this month and he loved seeing all of the flowers and colors.
-He has really started to get into reading books, and likes touch and feel books
-We flew kites for the first time this month


No comments:

Post a Comment