(these are rough estimates from home measurements)
Sleep: This month was a turning point for us! We tried putting James on a schedule (I had tried this before but not whole heartedly). I made Rob read "On Becoming Babywise," and start implementing the schedule right away. It seems like most people either strongly disagree with this method or strongly agree. I think some babies can put themselves on a schedule, but James just wasn't one of them. His basic day goes like this:
Wake up: 7:30 AM, eat and then play
Nap: 8:30-10:00 AM, eat and then play
Nap: 11:30-1:00 PM, eat and then play
Nap: 1:30-3:00 PM, eat and then play
Nap: 4:30-6:00 PM, eat and then play
Bed between 7:30-8 PM
This has seriously saved us. James is a MUCH happier baby- which makes for much happier parents! We are still working on sleeping through the night, but are down to 1 feeding around 2 am. James also started sleeping on his tummy now that he can roll over.
getting passport photos
Milestones: Laughing more, rolling from his stomach to his back, trying to sit up on his own, tried rice cereal (not a huge success), and grabbing his feet.
- He has developed a fake cough and he does it ALL the time. I think he just likes to make noise
- He tries to hold his own bottle often, he succeeds most of the time
- He can only roll in one direction, and he cannot control the momentum of his rolls so often he rolls into the side of the crib and gets his legs stuck up on the side of it
- We went exploring in an old abandoned resort by grandma and grandpas house (first long ride in the baby carrier)
- He always wakes up and holds a conversation with his winnie the pooh sound machine in his crib while he waits for us to come get him
- LOVES going for stroller rides, and now rides like a big boy without the car seat attachment
- His hair is finally starting to grow back and his mullet is starting to fall out
- He has the most beautiful dark and long eyelashes with dark brown eyes
- He loves when things tickle his face, blankets, burp cloths, my hair, etc.
- He still loves laying on his changing table- it is seriously his favorite place in the house and makes him laugh every time. I have no idea why.
- Went swinging at the park for the first time
- Fed the ducks